Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Let's go Steve, we have diem to carpe!"

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs:

I was extremely skeptical of this movie when my friend Iris said that she wanted to watch it. The thought that was running through my mind was "really? you wanna watch that?!" but it was a chance to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in a while and would like to spend more time with anyway, so I shut my mouth and tagged along. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is an endearing tale about Flint, an aspiring inventor who's dream in life is to prove to the world that he's not a dangerous hack and gain the love and adoration of those around him.

This heartwarming tale masterfully takes us through twists and turns, ups and downs, laughs, disappointment, anger and excitement all within an hour and twenty minutes. This is a film that was paced extremely well, an important quality that was missed in some of the other more highly anticipated films I had watched this past year.

While there may have been some minor issues, I felt the very beginning, (first 5 minutes) was rushed, it was something I didn't care about nor really even remember to be bothered by 5 minutes after the initial thought set in.

Although often toeing the line between breaking the 4th wall and, well, not, the humor gained from these moments masterfully added to the believability of character and the world in which we are introduced. This credibility and, in essence, reflexive extreme, all makes the slower moments that much more impacting. Additionally, Mr. T was amazing in his role as Earl Devereaux.

In short, this is a movie that I'll be looking for on DVD.



Oh yea, and just for fun; "I pitty the fool who doesn't go see 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment