Sunday, July 26, 2009

Motivation

One thing that tends to be extremely difficult in the film industry, at least on the creative end, is finding motivation. I think that that search, or rather, that struggle is what seperates those who stay in the industry with those who quit; the ability to keep ourselves motivated.

I know, for myself, it is extremely difficult to keep myself motivated. I have 3 projects that have yet to be completely finished, although they're always 2 or 3 steps from completion, I have 2 scripts which are stuck at around page 30 and I have quite a few other ideas on the back burner just waiting for the other ideas to finish so I can start on them and yet I find it so hard to pull it together, to do what I am supposed to do.

Today we looked at the music videos of the high school kids, and while they weren't perfect, they were done. I think it's been a while since I have seen a project all the way through to the end, which is a feeling that I really miss. It's good that I saw all those music videos today, because I think they got me motivated to finish my own projects. I hope this motivation stays. Links and vids when I get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment