Friday, June 26, 2009

School's Out Forever

Last night I officially ended the beginning chapter of my life. I had postponed my official graduation until the end of the summer so that I could take this one class; intro to 3-D animation. As the class came to an end and I exited the building nothing special happened. I didn't feel any sort of profound wisdom, I didn't feel anymore motivated to take on the world, I didn't feel anything. I left I as though I would only be appearing in class again in a couple of days.

I feel as though I'm at an age where I should have learned not to expect these kinds of things but despite that I always do.

At any rate, as I was sitting in the classroom talking with my professor I got a very sobering view of just what this industry is like. He described for us the difficulty of his situation, which isn't an uncommon situation for freelancers, especially in the area of animation and I couldn't help but feel helpless.

I think about Nyle and how he's starting to blow up on the hip-hop scene and I have no trouble telling friends that I fully believe and have believed that Nyle will become a famous rapper, there is no doubt in my mind. However, I think about it and I figure there must have been some doubt in his mind, there must have been some hesitance, what with all these business plans he used to come up with. However, I remember the last time I talked with him he had scrapped all those plans and decided to go all or nothing at this rapping thing and its doing wonders for him.

I sit and think and wonder, is there a way for me to do that? Can I go ahead and go all or nothing and see if I can make it? Is there a way for me to go all or nothing? I'm immediately thinking of 2 ways that may be possible but they're still not very likely to work, are they? Should I try? I don't want to be stuck in a situation where I hate what I'm doing, but thinking about it there's no avoiding it is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment