Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Production and Doodles

Saturday and Sunday I finished production on Laszlo Santha's and Sam Pollard's doc. It was an interesting experience with lots of interesting subjects... as well as a crazy one or two.

At any rate, I had a good experience sound mixing, which doesn't happen that often, but yea. I recruited an underclassmen friend of mine, Ming Hu to be the DP for this project and I'm glad that I did. Ming is a Beijing native who went to high school in Queens and is now going into his Senior year at Tisch. I knew him since my Sophomore year, meeting him on the set of a previously mentioned film Bohemibot and have worked with him one other time my Junior year where I was DP-ing my friend Andrew Roehm's colorsync film.

Ming had recently returned from the also previously mentioned shoot in Georgia; the one that left one dead and others in not-so-great shape. At first I felt hesitant about asking Ming; considering the situation, but he agreed to it and I rationalized that he needed to do something to get his mind off the past shoot down south.

I am extremely glad to have had Ming as a DP on this film. Ming made the film look great and was a pleasure for me to get to know better. My only other experience with Ming was his working for me as an AC on Roehm's first film but this time I felt like we were partners and we kept each other sane... or at least he kept me sane, and the outcome was good too so I'm glad that he was there and I would love to work with him again... which I hope to in September.

In other news, I have a doodle or two to post, so here they are:



No comments:

Post a Comment