Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recent Happenings

After reading a good friend's recent blog post half of which is about current events, I have come to once again face the rather embarrassing truth of just how unaware I am of the world going on around me. Current events has always and probably will always be the area in which I know the least about. (Especially the section on celebrities, that will probably be close to 0 on my "how much I know about this subject" meter, which is sad considering the industry I'm trying to break into, but I digress.)

It's always been hard for me to pay attention to the world at large when there's just so much going on around in the microcosm called my own life, which isn't to say I'm excessively self involved, at least I hope that isn't to say that I'm excessively self involved, but there's there's just so much going around me in regards to my own life as well as the lives of my friends; whom are within 1 degree of separation, never mind the lives of people I'll never meet. (That isn't to say I don't care about them, but I care significantly less about them than I do about my friends, or, in fact, myself.)

This all leads me to a wonderful note I actually wanted to get to about myself; I started working at USA Studios again yesterday, but this time instead of QC-ing masters and dubs I'm going through work orders and making sure the orders were filled completely before being shipped out. It's not the most desirable job in the world, but work is work and the hours fit into my schedule, even if it, once again, cuts into my socializing. Also, the people there can be pretty fun so it's not bad. I guess I just have to, once again, get used to the environment as well as the hours, though this time they're not nearly as long, which is good because I'm not as sleep deprived.

More later, this week has been/will be busy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job! If the people there are good, you're lucky as hell.
    And yes, sleeping is good.

    Also, the only reason I know anything about what's going on in the world is because at work, I have no work... so I troll NYTimes & BBC, since Facebook is semi-taboo.
    You don't have to feel "embarrassed" about the not knowing... because you probably know more than you give yourself credit for. You're an inter-space kid; there's a type of automatic world-link (Matrix style) in you already. You've already taken the red pill, so no worries. It's just a matter of when you're plugged in or out.

    (I totally get 300 dork points!)

    ReplyDelete